Sometimes inspiration is found in the strangest of places. But this guy here, well, he's my new inspiration! Who's this guy you say? None other than Eddie Izzard, one of my favorite British Comedians. You may not recognize him but I'm sure you've seen him before, you just didn't notice. He's been on my i-pod for years, killing me with laughter. He's played bit parts in Ocean 12 and 13, Valkyrie, and such, which is where you may have not noticed him from. All in all, just a really funny guy and not the sort of chap you'd think would inspire me to "put on my shoes"...or so I thought.
So what does Mr. Izzard, comedian extraordinaire, have to do with inspiring me to run? Especially since, from pictures to the right, his sometimes portly figure doesn't scream "I'm your next "Men's Health" coverboy. And, dare I mention...

Little Eddie is also fond of dressing up like, ahem, Ms. Izzard. Yes, he's a cross dresser too. (And admittedly, when I first saw for the first time, on one of his televised stand-ups, well, I was a bit alarmed to find he just didn't quite match the mental picture I'd made of him while listening on my i-pod. But of course, I was not surprised, I have an uncanny knack for collecting eccentric folks.)
Okay, so...Comedian, Actor, Sometimes Portly Fellow, and Occasional Cross-Dresser, AND Inspiration for a Family Fitness Blog?? Why YES! YES! YES! Check this out...
Yesterday, this photo of Eddie hit the net and I thought it was a mix-up...but it was the real deal! The caption read: "Eddie Izzard Completes Epic Run"
Epic. Seriously. Here's Eddie finishing a 1,100 mile run around Britain to raise money for a charity called Sport Relief. He left London on July 26th and ran until September 15th. Okay so do the math with me: 1,100 miles over 51 days. That's an average of 30 miles a day, the equivalent of running 43 marathons IN A ROW! Forty Three!!!! In a row!!! Sheesh...I need to sit down and drink a sports drink to recover from just reading about this.Okay, so now I'm feeling like my measly and sporadic running, well, let's just say I could step it up a bit! Or perhaps a lot! Thanks for the Epic Inspiration!
P.S. Steph has a run this Saturday...Good Luck Sis!
1100 miles? Seriously? Forget the triathalon Mark. I think we found your next adventure. As for me, I think I'll stick to my whimpy 5k!!! :)
ReplyDelete