Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Motivated by Mark

Posted by Steph


I got online the other day and read Mark's post about his new personal record after battling a "foot injury" and not being able to exercise for a week. I too, had not put on my shoes for the week and I was feeling a bit down. Seeing Mark not only get back on his bike, but also making a new record for himself motivated me to get out and run. I put my shoes on thinking I was only going to run my 2 miles because one, I needed to get the workout done, and two, because the sun was going down. It was cold and it was windy and as I started my jog I kept thinking all I wanted to do was just turn around. But I didn't. Instead, at the end of the first mile I got in a groove and was feeling good. I felt like I could run all day! I thought if Mark can beat his record why can't I set one too? And wouldn't it be cool if I could run for 4 miles instead of my usual 2-3? So I kept going! I ended up running the 4 miles, and honestly I really could have gone further. I was slow, but I was steady, and it actually felt good! So here is a BIG THANK YOU! to Mark for helping to motivate me to do more than I thought I could!

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO SIS! You're out running me! Keep puttin' on your shoes! Can't wait to run with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Steph! It's persistence and consitency in the face of adversity that will bring you the greatest result and reward. I'm proud of you sis. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete