Friday, April 9, 2010

Perfect Storm

posted by a very grouchy Stacy 

In just 7 hours I have to get up and run a measly 5K in the Pear Blossom.  Doesn't sound too bad right?  Wrong.  A perfect storm is brewing.  There are THREE things that I absolutely hate.  Any one, should it happen, can send me into tantrums.  Those three things are:
  1. Being Cold
  2. Early Mornings
  3. Running
So tomorrow, the race starts at 7am-I have to get to my ride share at 6am, which means I have to wake up at 5:30.  Not a good start.  Next, the forecasted temp will be around 34 degrees.  Uh, not good either.  Then I shall commence running/cussing.  This should be interesting.  

Race day game plans I've considered.
  • Smoking while running to be near a source of heat
  • Zip-tie-ing my runners chip to another runner and let them do all the work.
  • Mistakenly set my alarm for PM and not AM
  • Purposely giving my bad knee some blunt-force trama which would require a hospital stay (hospitals give out those nice warm blankets, which sounds better than 34 degrees).
  • Run with a ski parka
Right now I'm downloading some Mega Death for my i-pod.  Perfect band to listen to while I do the three things that will actually feel like...Mega Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment