posted by Cheyenne
If you look a few posts below mine, the wonderful Stephanie posted a video of the man from "The Biggest Loser" who decided to compete in an Iron Man Triathlon. She said this was her motivation to "put on her shoes." After watching it, it became mine too.
I have been trying to get motivated to get back into the swing of exercising again, but things seem to keep coming up...I was sick last week, I didn't have shoes, it was too cold, blah, blah, blah...thinking about it, only one of these was really a good excuse.
So today, I finally did it. But instead of putting on my shoes, I put on my goggles. I was on a swim team in high school for a season and a half, but haven't swam very actively since then. I decided that it was time for me to "hit the pool swimming." I swam for about 45 minutes, and thought that I was going to die half the time. But I did it. I did the full 45 minutes, and felt so good afterwards. I even gave myself a "Woot Woot!" after getting out of the pool. I can't lift my arms above my shoulders, and I think I got a cramp on the way home, but I feel soooooooo good. I am now motivated and have created a five day exercise schedule that consists of 3 days of running, and 2 days of swimming, and I'm sticking to it. Rain, snow, ice, or whatever other weather Utah has to throw at me, I'm going to get my butt out there! I even see a half marathon in Ogden in the near future......Woot Woot!

Good job Chey! I'm proud of you for "putting your fins on". Keep it up! Love, Dad.
ReplyDeleteWow Chey! Great job. I'll give you a Woot! Woot! too! Very proud of you. Love, Mom oh, and by the way, way to go on giving yourself access to this website! Life is good when you know all of your dad's secret passcodes!
ReplyDelete